If you are fed up with the issues related to Dell printer and are unable to solve them, then this piece of information can be very beneficial for you. This information will help you in the following related issues:
How to get your Dell printer online?
There can be many reasons behind your Dell printer offline message which may include many factors, but the most frequent cause of this obstacle is the miss communication between the PC, router, and printer via its WIFI connection that leads to change in IP address. In this case, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps :
- Turn on your computer and find the device manager settings in your control panel.
- Scroll to the USB controller’s area and click the arrow or plus symbol to open the list.
- On each ‘USB Root Hub’ in turn, right click with your mouse and select ‘Properties’ option.
- In the next action, you need to select the ‘Power Management’ tab.
- Untick ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’.
- Restart your computer
- Navigate to ‘Network adapters’, right-click the wireless adapter > properties > power management and untick the same option as mentioned in the above step five.
This should then get your Dell printer back online. But if in case the steps mentioned above didn’t work for you need to do the following:
- Installing an updated printer driver from the website of Dell support.
- Update your printer firmware.
- Checking the print list in control panel and deleting the full list.
- Check your firewall/antivirus settings to see if printer functionality is being blocked.
- If you’re still struggling, then contact a technician he will help you to solve the issue.
Every printer encounters a paper jam once in awhile, but if your printer is continually jamming, it’s a sign of a huge problem. Here are a few points that you need to check:
- Make sure that you have the right size paper placed in the paper tray and that the printer is set to the same size.
- Ensure that the paper is loaded accurately. Placing the sheet in the overfilled tray can immediately lead to jams.
- Make sure the paper used is neither too thick nor too thin.
- Heavy-weight paper can let to clog, while thin, lower-weight paper might wrinkle or tear causing jams.
- Wipe or vacuum away the dust inside your printer this will help in more smooth running.
- Paper jams are also frequently caused by moisture, which causes the paper to swell and clog quickly. If your printer jams repeatedly and there doesn’t appear to be any problem with it, you can try using a dehumidifier in your place to bring the humidity down.
Lines, spots, or marks on print jobs
One of the most irritating printer obstacles is unwanted marks on your print jobs. These scratch can take many forms, including small spots, faint lines, and smudges. This happens when there is a concern with drum or paper feeder, or there could be toner leaking into the printer. If this appears on copy jobs and scans but not digital prints, the problem is most likely with your copy reader or glass. If you see unwanted marks on your editions, there are a few steps you should take:
- If you find smudges on the glass above the copy reader, you should clean it with the help of a glass cleaner and a soft microfiber cloth. But be conscious never use a paper towel or regular cleaning cloths it will cause more scratch or mark the glass.
- If you notice the marks on every printed page, there could be a problem with your print drum, developer, or paper feeder. This isn’t a problem you should attempt to fix yourself – instead, call technical support or schedule an appointment with a print technician.
The Printed Text is Low Quality
The print quality of text can differ considerably between printers. Inkjets produce a quality suitable for everyday printing while the lasers create more professional looking documents. If you’ve witnessed that the quality of your text has been gradually degrading, there are certain things you can do to fix it:
- Check whether the settings of your printer are correct; this applies to both inkjet as well as to laser. Switch off the draft mode and ensure the paper type on screen is similar to the type you are using.
- For laser printers, sometimes the toner can ‘settle’. What you need to do is to take the cartridge out and move it from side to side and then replace it.
- For inkjet printers, you can clean the nozzle and adjust the print head which can be accessed from the printers maintenance menu.
If you are not able to solve these issues after following the above steps, then you need to contact a technician. Fell free to visit Dell Support Number NZ or contact us @ 098015144.